World Beard Day : Date, History, Theme, Quotes, Images, Significance & How to Celebrate
Ever thought that grooming facial hair can turn into an annual event? Well, people can celebrate almost everything, so why not this?. On World Beard Day, all the beard-bearing people step forward to celebrate the day. It is celebrated annually on a global level with people from every country and continent gathering together with their beards. It is held on the first Saturday of September. Further, it signifies the happiness of all people being with their beards and with each other.
Beards deserve a day to themselves! No wonder, World Beard Day is celebrated every year on the first Saturday of September and 2021 will see it on September 4.
The day is celebrated with great enthusiasm and to appreciate each other’s beards. It is all about promoting and raising the International standard of the beard.
Above all, to fully enjoy the day , the bearded members of a family just relax and take no part in jobs or any daily activities.
Check these out as well : World Vegan Day, World Savings Day
The birth of Beard Day has no such evidence in the past. However, some historians claim that Danish Vikings have held a day to acknowledge beards as far back as 800 AD.
Since ages, the beard has been thought of as a sign of masculine beauty. Apart from this, they have also come to symbolize wisdom, and strength. Most importantly, Having well groomed long beard has been related to social status.
Moreover, people in the past believed that beards protect their faces. During winter and in cold weather, a beard would provide warmth, and in hotter climates, it covered their faces from sand, insects, and the sun. What’s more, in some communities, beards are also associated with religious beliefs. Well, in different areas, beards are appreciated in different ways. As well, some of the celebrations of the past even seem a little crazy when looking back from present times!
Also Read: International Television Day, International Human Solidarity Day
The collective theme is to celebrate all the bearded people in your life and to improve the standard of beards across the globe.
To celebrate the bearded people in your life, here are a few quotes about the goodness of a beard:
- “Grow your beard with pride, trim it with care and use it wise.”
- “A beard always means Being Exceptional Amongst the Regular Dudes.”
- “The beard signifies the courageous. The beard distinguishes the grown men. The earnest. The active. The vigorous.”
- “Celebrate the World Beard day by celebrating the identity of all men, a beard.”
- “On the occasion o World Beard Day promise to grow and nurture what your fathers gave you. Their identity, their gene; a beard.”
- “One can always trust a man with a beard.”
Download these images to wish World Beard Day to your friends.
There are several traditional ways by which this day is celebrated for ages. Certainly, the main importance of keeping a beard and to mark the World Beard Day is to spread some motivation and appreciation regarding manly beauty.
How to celebrate
- In the first place, try different styles of beards.
- Then, forget your razor, show off your well-grown beard.
- Share your favorite beard grooming products.
- Last but not the least, take a picture and let the world know.
Dailyroabox wishes all you bearded community a very Happy World Beard Day!